Target Black Friday has yet to begin despite the first deals already going live from Walmart, from Best Buy and there’s a big Apple sale current live from Amazon. That said, historically Target’s Black Friday deals suggest it will deliver some of the best holiday sales around and now the pieces of the puzzle are coming together.
Target’s Black Friday 2019 Shipping Policy Is Official
Just like Best Buy, Target has now made its Black Friday 2019 shipping fees official and (as I predicted in my Target Black Friday preview) they among the best around. Target will give shipping on all orders over the holiday season with no minimum purchase price. Target is also investing heavily in Target Circle, its same-day delivery service, to make more goods available for click and collect than ever before.
Target Black Friday 2019: Expected Sales
Historically, Target likes to price match with rivals then beat them on Cyber Monday. Given we now have live sales from multiple rivals which already set the bar (including one major ad leak) and a good idea when Target deals will go live, a clear picture is forming. Consequently, these are the deals you should look out for during Target’s Black Friday 2019:
- Apple iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max – $300 Target Gift Card when activating a new instalment plan (may be $250, if so Walmart will beat this)
- Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+, Note 10 – $300 Target Gift Card when activating a new instalment plan (Best Buy will have direct savings, Costco will offer a $420 gift card)
- Microsoft Xbox One X Bundle with $40 Target Gift Card – $379.99 (save $130)
- Sony PlayStation 4 Pro Bundle – $279.99 (save $120)
- Nintendo Switch Bundle (game or free memory card) – $250 (save circa $100)
- Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS + Cellular) – $429 (save $100) – matching Walmart’s live deal (B&H has Watch Series 5 deals available now)
- Apple AirPods with Wireless Charging Case (Latest Model) – $164.99 (save $34) – matching Amazon’s live deal
- Apple AirPods with Charging Case (Latest Model) – $144 (save $15) – again Amazon’s deal is live now
- Beats Powerbeats Wireless Pro – for $189.99 (save $60) – potentially, an exclusive
- 65-inch 4K TV – $550 from a premium brand
- 55-inch 4K TV – $180 from a respectable brand
Yes, the take away from this is Black Friday deals will be widely copied between the biggest stores so the key will be finding where stock is still available. With that in mind, I recommend getting live deals from rivals now because stock will run low very quickly on Black Friday itself. That said, doorbuster deals on the iPhone 11 series, Galaxy S10 and Note 10 won’t go live until Black Friday.
Where I expect Target to stand out is TVs after some red hot deals last year and its famed Cyber Monday sales where the store repeats many of the same deals but with extra discounts for REDcard holders.
Meanwhile, if you’re looking for a bargain right now, check out my dedicated store-by-store, Black Friday live deals guides with live Amazon deals here, live Best Buy deals here and live Walmart deals here.